This is our family's go-to Sunday breakfast. It's easy, full of great ingredients that will fuel you for the day and, it's easy to mix up in a blender, ready to cook into tasty, soft pancakes!
Oats play a huge role as they are a great source of fiber which helps fuel our gut bacteria and maintain good tummy health and it also helps to have a break from wheat that is in so many meals now.
Dairy-free? You can easily make these pancakes dairy free, check the notes below the recipe!
- 2 cuts of rolled oats
- 1 1\4 Cups of milk or dairy free milk
- 1 large banana
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp honey or maple syrup
- 1\4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 1\2 tsp baking powder
- 1 large egg
- Start heating your pan
- Place all BUT the last two ingredients in your blender. Blend until smooth. Add extra milk if it isn't a pourable, pancake consistency.
- Then add your egg (of a flax seed "egg" if dairy vegan) and baking powder and pulse until combined.
- Add oil to your pan if you haven't already and once up to temperature, cook your pancakes!
Enjoy with whatever you want to. me, myself, I love peanut butter, berries and maple syrup, but each to their own right?
Tips for boosted banana oat pancakes
- Blend up 2-3 tablespoons of flax seeds or hemps seeds for extra good-oil before adding the other ingredients
- Add a scoop of protein powder for added protein. You may need a little more liquid also
- Without the banana, it just doesn't work as well. Banana is key
- Oats: Whole or Jumbo rolled oats have nutrition that quick-oats
- As above use plant based milk if dairy free and if vegan, you can sub the egg out for alternative such as a flax seed egg.
Enjoy your new Sunday pancakes, after run pancakes or sneaky snack pancakes and hey, could you share this with your friends?
Let me and others know what you think, in the comments.
Author: Shaun Clark